Robert is a key member of the Daniel firm´s Technology, Trademark and Litigation departments, and heads the Data Protection & Cybersecurity desk. He focuses his practice on a wide array of emerging technology-related issues, including data protection and privacy, information security, and online brand protection. Robert also has special expertise in providing strategic legal advice combining brand protection and portfolio management to develop and execute enforcement strategies on both the online and off-line spectrums. Robert works with IP since 2010 and is a recommended attorney with mentions by WTR 1000, Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and Leaders League. Robert has worked with a range of industries, notably technology, entertainment, pharmaceutical, fashion, and energy/oil and gas. He is currently completing an LL.M. program on Law and Technology at Berkeley UC and has been invited to integrate the Berkeley Law Society´s cohorts on IP/IT Law and Entertainment Law. He is also a member of the Brazilian Bar Association, registered in the States of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, and serves on their Fashion Law Committee. He is active in other professional associations and is a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), where he was recently approved for a new term on their Enforcement Committee (2018/19); the European Communities Trademark Association, serving on their Anti-Counterfeiting Committee (2016/2019); iTECH Law; MARQUES; The Pharmaceutical Trade Mark Group, and the Brazilian Intellectual Property Association (ABPI).
Information Technology Law
– LL.M. program on Law and Technology at Berkeley UC (underway)
– Postgraduate Degree in Civil Procedure Law and Law Management from IBMEC, in 2015
– Specialization Course in Copyright, Industrial Property and Entertainment Law at the Higher School of Law, in 2013
– Degree in Law, with emphasis on Corporate Law, from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro in 2013, with the dissertation “Ambush Marketing in Sporting Events Analyzed Under Competition Law” (“Marketing de Emboscada nos Eventos Desportivos Perante o Direito da Concorrência”)
Affiliations, Commissions And Collegiate
– Member of the Brazilian Bar Association, registered in the States of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, serving in the Fashion Law Committee.
– Member of the International Trademark Association – INTA), where he was recently approved for a new term on their Enforcement Committee (2018/19)
– Member of the European Communities Trademark Association – ECTA, serving in the Anti-Counterfeiting Committee for the 2016/19 term
– Member of the Brazilian Intellectual Property Association – ABPI
– Corporate Member of MARQUES
– Member of the International Technology Law Association – iTech Law